Friday, January 22, 2010

Producing Harriet’s House Episode 5: Applying for funding

There are two grants, with due dates of February 1, 2010, that we are applying for. The first is the Toronto Arts Council Theatre Projects Grant and the second is the Ontario Arts Council Project Grant. Both grants provide a small independent theatre like Gailey Road Productions with support to mount individual productions. The process of applying for the grants has helped crystallize our production plans making the task valuable to us even if we aren’t successful in securing funding. But, of course, we hope we are!

In my next blog, I will talk about the arrangements we’ve made with Hart House Theatre to produce our three-performance run of Harriet’s House.

All the best,
Tara

2 comments:

  1. I read about your play in On Extended Wings. I'm a Spalding student in Fiction. I wrote a short story about an adult transracial adoptee born in India & raised in Iowa who grapples with identity. That story won 2nd place in the Metroversity writing competition last year & was published in their anthology, Human Voices. My husband and I adopted our daughter from India, also. Your play interests me greatly.

    www.wishythewriter.com
    Twitter feed: WishytheWriter
    hanridge@cableone.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wishy the Writer:

    I've just come across your comment (almost two months after you've posted it) and I want to thank you for writing. I'd love to read your short story! I will write to you and ask you for a PDF copy.

    Best,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete